Moore Reef Cruise
Sunlover cruises to Moore Reef daily and offers the ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience for visitors of all ages.
Sunlover Reef Cruises operates a fast, air-conditioned catamaran to a large pontoon (floating platform) located at pristine Moore Reef on the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef, approximately 40km from Cairns. Complete with complimentary snorkel equipment, glass bottom boat, semi-submersible coral reef viewing boat, an underwater observatory, marine life touch tank, and optional extras including scuba diving, guided snorkeling safari and Seawalker Helmet Diving. Sunlover Reef Cruises offers value for money to enhance our visitors experience, regardless of age and ability, to discover beauty and diversity of the Great Barrier Reef. Even if you cannot swim you will still enjoy a complete experience with Sunlover Reef Cruises.
Check-in is at the Reef Fleet Fleet Terminal from 8:30am – 9:15am and the boat departs at 9:30am sharp.
Your trip includes:
- Travel to the Great Barrier Reef on-board our air-conditioned catamaran
- Tea and coffee on boarding the vessel
- Informative presentation hosted by our marine naturalist
- 4 hours at the outer reef
- Tropical buffet lunch including seafood, hot dishes, salads and tropical fruit
- Guided coral viewing from our semi-submersible vessel and glass bottom boat
- On-board touch tank to experience unique marine life up close
- All snorkelling equipment and expert instruction
- Snorkelling enclosure with rest and view stations
- Fully enclosed kids pool
- Underwater observatory
- Fish feeding presentation
- Freshwater showers and change rooms
- Full bar facilities (items at an additional cost)
- Tea and coffee prior to pontoon departure
Sunlover Reef Cruises returns to the marina at approximately 5:30pm.
For an additional cost we also have a variety of optional activities to personalise your day on the water including certified and introductory scuba diving, Seawalker® platform helmet diving and guided snorkelling tours. Scenic helicopter flights are also available and may be booked on-board.
|Prices are valid from 1st April 2014 – 31st March 2015|
(4yrs – 15yrs)
(2A + 2C)
**Please note between 24th December – 4th Jan 2015 (inclusive) and 16th Feb – 25th Feb2015 (inclusive)
We have two departures as below (except Christmas Day 25th Dec 2014, where there is only 10:30 departure)
1st boat: 7:00am check in for 8:00am departure, returning back to Cairns 14:20pm. This option offers 3 hours at the reef, and discounted price applies: $185/adult, $85/child, $455 family pass, for Moore Reef tour.
2nd boat: 9:30am check in for 10:30am departure, return back Cairns 18:20. Includes 4 hours at outer reef. Normal pricing applies.
Between 12Feb2015 – 15th Feb 2015 (inclusive) and 26th Feb – 28th Feb2015 (inclusive) 9:30am check in for 10:30am departure, return back Cairns 18:20. Includes 4 hours at outer reef. Normal pricing applies.