Moore Reef Day Tour
Sunlover cruises to Moore Reef daily and offers the ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience for visitors of all ages.
Sunlover Reef Cruises operates a fast, air-conditioned catamaran to a large pontoon (floating platform) located at pristine Moore Reef on the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef, approximately 40km from Cairns. Complete with complimentary snorkel equipment, glass bottom boat, semi-submersible coral reef viewing boat, an underwater observatory, marine life touch tank, and optional extras including scuba diving, guided snorkeling safari and Seawalker Helmet Diving. Sunlover Reef Cruises offers value for money to enhance our visitors experience, regardless of age and ability, to discover beauty and diversity of the Great Barrier Reef. Even if you cannot swim you will still enjoy a complete experience with Sunlover Reef Cruises.
Check-in is at the Reef Fleet Terminal from 8:30am – 9:15am and the boat departs at 9:30am sharp.
Your trip includes:
- Travel to the Great Barrier Reef on-board our air-conditioned catamaran
- Tea and coffee on boarding the vessel
- Informative presentation hosted by our marine naturalist
- 4 hours at the outer reef
- Tropical buffet lunch including prawns, hot dishes, salads and tropical fruit
- Guided coral viewing from our semi-submersible vessel and glass bottom boat
- On-board touch tank to experience unique marine life up close
- All snorkelling equipment and expert instruction
- Snorkelling enclosure with rest and view stations
- Fully enclosed kids pool
- Underwater observatory
- Fish feeding presentation
- Freshwater showers and change rooms
- Full bar facilities (items at an additional cost)
- Tea and coffee prior to pontoon departure
Sunlover Reef Cruises returns to the marina at approximately 5:30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Special departures for the Chinese New Year period, from 23 January 2017 – 8 February 2017. Departure time for Moore Reef Day Tour will be 10:30am, with arrival back in Cairns at approximately 6:30pm, where all our guests will enjoy 4 hours at the outer Great Barrier Reef. A second, earlier departure at 8:00am will be opened for booking according to demand during this period, where all our guests enjoy 3 hours at the outer Great Barrier Reef (on this earlier departure). If you are travelling between these days, please check with our reservations team when making your booking, on 1800 810 512 or email@example.com.
For an additional cost we also have a variety of optional activities to personalise your day on the water including certified and introductory scuba diving, Seawalker® platform helmet diving and guided snorkelling tours. Scenic helicopter flights are also available and may be booked on-board.
|Prices are valid from 1st April 2016 – 31st March 2017|
(4yrs – 15yrs)
(2A + 2C)