Sunlover Reef Cruises is Australian owned and operated from our headquarters in Cairns, Tropical North Queensland. We have long been committed to providing quality and enjoyable Great Barrier Reef experiences with the utmost respect for our environment.
Since our beginnings in 1991, we have introduced over 1.3 million guests to the natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Our eco-certified and award-winning tours take guests to explore two pristine Outer Barrier Reef locations, Moore Reef and Arlington Reef, which can be explored off our refurbished floating Marine Bases.
Our Marine Bases provide instant access to the incredible marine life and coral, and are equipped with extra activities designed to help any age or ability experience what the Outer Reef has to offer – even non-swimmers.
We are a market leader in interactive, innovative reef experiences, creating the Sunlover Sunslide - the only theme park water slide on the Great Barrier Reef on our Moore Reef Marine Base and Sunlover Funlover - the world's first dedicated charter venue moored on the Great Barrier Reef.
In all aspects of our business we are guided by the following commitments:
- Professionalism, integrity and expertise of all of our team
- Respect and care for our environment
- Safety above all for staff and guests
- Quality and excellence of reef experience
We employ approximately 80-100 staff, located in Cairns. We are a close, hard-working team; passionate about the reef and love to share it's magnificence with our guests who come from all over the world.
To become part of the Sunlover team you need to have:
- A high standard of grooming and presentation
- Excellent customer service skills and at be ease interacting and communicating with a large variety of guests and crew
- Have a pro-active, can-do attitude and work well as part of a team
- Learn and follow directions to ensure customer and crew safety
- Flexibility and reliability
- A level of physical fitness that allows you to effectively participate in safety drills to meet company requirements
- Multi-lingual skills are an advantage
- Required certification for position - experience in the role is preferable
- The right to work in Australia
Vacancies are listed on seek.com.au. However, we do accept expressions of interest from passionate individuals who want to be part of our team in the following areas:
- Cruise attendants
- Dive instructors & life guards
- Marine biologists / reef naturalists
- Maintenance & engineers
- Deckhands, coxswains, mates & masters
Please email us to register your interest and submit a resume. Unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone, but we will keep your application on file for 6 months and may be in contact when suitable positions arise.