Our double-storey Moore Reef Marine Base is anchored at Moore Reef, 47km off Cairns. The base has been custom designed so all ages and abilities can explore and enjoy the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.
The base is 50 metres long with a capacity of up to 400 people, and was recently refurbished and enhanced to now feature a large upper-level sundeck, which is the perfect spot to relax in the tropical sunshine, and prime position to look out over the turquoise waters and mosiac of the reef. The sundeck is also where the Sunlover Sunslide starts on its 30 metre spiral descent into the tropical waters.
On the lower level, there is plentiful seating in the shade. The boat docks alongside the base and gangplanks provide seamless access between base and air-conditioned boat.
Moore Reef Marine Base features:
- Fully powered
- WIFI and cellphone coverage (dependent on conditions and provider)
- Air-conditioned 60 tiered-seat underwater observatory that can also be used for presentations
- Built in SCUBA dive station, with all equipment & diving platform
- Two snorkel platforms
- Plentiful tables and seating
- Marine-life touch tank
- Glass bottom boat
- Fresh water outdoor showers
- Ocean enclosed children’s pool
- Sunlover Sunslide - only waterslide on the reef
- Two levels - shaded lower level and upper level sundeck
- SeaWalker Helmet Dive platform
- Scenic helicopter pad