Sunlover Operations Pty Ltd trading as Sunlover Reef Cruises
Sunlover Reef Cruises respects your privacy and is committed to protecting sensitive and personal information in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
2. Collecting your personal information
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
a. Why do we collect your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. This includes but is not limited to:
- to communicate with you as a client of our services, providing you with accurate, relevant information about our products and services, and keep you informed of our activities, initiatives and programs;
- to provide you with access to our website and / or mobile application/s;
- to assist you with your queries, for example, when you make an enquiry using the website, or when you subscribe to or unsubscribe from our distribution lists;
- to send you service, support and / or administrative messages, reminders and technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing or promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g an unsubscribe link);
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- for analytics activities and research, including developing anonymised insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests and enhance your experience with Sunlover Reef Cruises; and
- to consider your application/s for a role with Sunlover Reef Cruises, including as an employee, contractor or volunteer.
We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
b. Types of personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- name; mailing or street address; email address; telephone number and other contact details; age or date of birth; gender; credit or debit card information;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through surveys or feedback forms; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealing with us such as dietary or medical suitability to participate in our tours.
c. How we collect your personal information
Personal Information is obtained in many ways including directly from you, or from publicly available sources or from a third party (for example a contractor, service provider or agent). We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services or information you require or communicate with you.
We may collect your personal information when you:
- register on our website;
- book or enquire about our services (through a variety of booking channels including direct with Sunlover Reef Cruises and via external third parties);
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, surveys, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
- via Third Parties (for example a contractor, service provider or agent). We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties. Wherever possible we will collect your Personal Information only from you however in some circumstances we may be provided with this information by third parties.
d. Collecting sensitive information
Some personal information that we collect about you may also be considered sensitive information.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, sexual orientation and genetic/health information.
Sensitive information will be collected by Sunlover only:
- when directly required to support Sunlover Reef Cruises’s ability to provide our services to you
- with your consent
- where required or authorised by law.
3. Disclosure of personal information
- to any of our partners or related bodies corporate;
- to our third-party suppliers, including contractors and service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or mobile application/s;
- professional advisers, dealers and agents or other individuals / organisations who collaborate with us;
- to payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- to anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred or sold (or offered to be transferred or sold);
- where you have otherwise consented; and / or
- to other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies as required or authorised by law.
If there is a need to disclose personal information for any other purpose not detailed in this policy, GBRF will only do so with your consent. GBRF does not sell personal information to third parties, and except as provided for in this policy does not make personal information available to third parties.
Disclosure of personal information outside of Australia
We may disclose your personal information outside of Australia to other service providers. We deal only with reputable suppliers and partners and their own privacy policies will apply, which may or may not be consistent with the APPs.
4. Security of personal information
Your Personal Information is stored by Sunlover Reef Cruises in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures, including controlled physical access to our offices, and password protection and anti-virus software to seek to protect your personal information.
Our website and databases are linked to the internet, we take reasonable steps to protect but we cannot guarantee the security of information provided to us online as it is vulnerable to nefarious actions
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of seven years.
5. Using our website
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website or other digital channels. This data is anonymised and is used for statistical and website development purposes only. This includes keeping a record of your digital visit including your internet address, your domain name (if applicable), and the date and time.
Our internet service provider also collects information such as which pages users access, downloaded documents, their digital pathway to our site, and browser type.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website or other digital channels to track your usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your digital device(s). They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser, however our website and digital channels may not operate as intended if you do so.
6. Links / third party channels
Our website and digital channels may contain links to websites and digital channels operated by third parties.
7. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions.
Circumstances where we are permitted to deny access to personal information include (but is not limited to) where the access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others or where granting access is unlawful or denying access is required or authorised by law. If we deny you access, we will provide you with our reasons for refusal.
If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing at the contact details provided below.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information. Sunlover Reef Cruises will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
8. Making a complaint
If you have a complaint about the manner which we have collected, used, disclosed your personal information, including if you think we have breached the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principals; or if you think any information we hold about you is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date please contact Sunlover Reef Cruises.
Communication is to be provided in writing and submitted to the details below. Please include your name, email address and / or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will take reasonable action to investigate and address the complaint and respond to you as soon as practicably possible. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
TO THE ATTENTION OF SUNLOVER REEF CRUISES
1 Spence Street
+61 7 4050 1333
9. Policy update
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Version 1, last reviewed 6 January 2021