Full payment is required for all bookings 72 hours prior to travel. A valid credit card number and expiry date of the person making the booking can be held in lieu of full payment, with payment finalised on the morning of travel. In the event of passenger ‘no shows’ or failing to board, the full amount of the booking will be charged to the credit card provided, and will incur a merchant fee.
Online bookings will be charged at the time of booking.
Any bookings cancelled by the customer within 72 hours of departure will be subject to a cancellation charge. A 100% cancellation fee will be charged for FIT passengers cancelling within 24 hours of departure. A 100% cancellation fee will be charged for groups* cancelling within 72 hours of departure. No cancellation charges will apply for passengers failing to travel due to:a) Ill health (medical certificate may be required); b) Minor changes to group numbers;c) Group or FIT passengers re-scheduling.
Should a cruise or package tour not operate for any reason, then an alternative date will be offered to the passenger. If an alternative date cannot be arranged then a full refund of monies paid to Sunlover will be authorised.
On the rare occasion where inclement weather prohibits a tour from operating the scheduled itinerary, an alternate itinerary will be offered to the passenger. If the passenger accepts this alternate itinerary then no further refunds will be authorised.
Seawalker and Scuba Diving are subject to medical checklist. If medical is failed onboard no refund will be given for Seawalker or dive options. Guests are advised to review medical checklists/requirements with their booking agent prior to booking.
Some package tours operate in conjunction with other tour operators and Sunlover acts as an agent for these companies. Conditions and cancellation policies for these tours are subject to operating conditions of these companies.
1. Accepts no responsibility or liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind. This disclaimer of liability applies irrespective of the cause, including whether or not such damage or loss is due to negligence on the part of Sunlover Reef Cruises or the withdrawal, cancellation or failure to provide a service, delay or any variation in services provided or the provision of substitute services.
2. Does not own or operate helicopter or photo services, but acts as an agent only. When using these services you are contracted with the service operator and are subject to conditions imposed by those operators.
3. On occasion the tropical weather conditions can cause cancellations and or changes to schedules and activities. Sunlover Reef Cruises reserves the right to vary prices, schedules, vessels and activities without notification.
4. Acts as a private carrier and reserves the right to refuse passage to any person and/or baggage.
5. Bringing alcohol on the vessel is prohibited at all times.
6. All bags and luggage may be subject to a search.
* A group means 10 or more passengers in one booking.
1. Sunlover by Starlight is a floating pontoon situated at Moore Reef off the coast of Cairns. All overnight guests must complete a medical disclosure form prior to departure. Incomplete forms may result in the cancellation of the overnight portion of the tour.
2. Minimum age for Sunlover by Starlight is 12 years old. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult carer.
3. On occasion weather and sea conditions can cause cancellation or changes to the scheduled tour, overnight stay, itinerary and activities. Cancellation of tour, or any of its components is at the complete discretion of Sunlover Reef Cruises Operations.
5. Overnight guests will be provided with phosphate-free and biodegradable body wash.Bringing alcohol on to the vessel is prohibited at all times. Overnight guests will be provided with phosphate-free and biodegradable body wash.
6. Bringing alcohol on to the vessel is prohibited at all times. Overnight guests may purchase alcohol from the bar prior to the vessel’s departure.
7. Please note that prices, departures and itineraries are subject to change without notice and may vary at any time. All prices are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST and Environmental Management and Port Taxes. Prices are valid until 31st March 2018.
By purchasing this product guests agree to all Sunlover Reef Cruises Terms of Carriage, and these are available at www.sunlover.com.au or by calling 1800 810 512.
Sunlover by Starlight is a floating pontoon situated at Moore Reef off the coast of Cairns. All overnight guests must complete a medical disclosure form prior to departure. Incomplete forms will result in the cancellation of the overnight portion of the tour. During your overnight stay the only form of rescue after the daily vessel departs is by Rescue Helicopter. Sunlover by Starlight has a First Aid Kit and will contact 000 in the case of an emergency and follow medical advice. Our qualified staff have Senior First Aid, CPR, Oxygen and Defibrillator Training. In the case that an emergency helicopter has to be called you must give authorization and cover any costs incurred. Please note that the response time is undetermined and the helicopter can only land in favourable weather conditions. Sunlover by Starlight may also choose to not allow guests to participate in overnight stays if a medical condition is of too high of a risk. No cancellation fee will be charged if cancellation occurs due to medical conditions notified prior to departure. On occasion the tropical weather conditions can cause cancellation or changes to schedules and activities. Cancellation of tour is at the complete discretion of Sunlover Reef Cruises Operations.
All overnight guests must be strong confident swimmers and have good English skills. They must be able to follow the host’s instructions for safety reasons. If you don’t meet safety requirements you may be restricted to the Moore Reef day tour only on the day of travel (with no refund).”
Sunlover by Starlight is dependent upon a minimum of 5pax and favourable weather conditions. Operations will notify all guests 12pm the day prior to departure if tour is continuing. If Operations cancel the overnight stay operation for any reason accommodation at Hides Hotel Cairns will be provided at a rate of $115 per night (to be paid by guest). Guests not wishing to take this option are required to find alternative arrangements at own expense. Guests will receive a refund of the difference between Sunlover by Starlight and normal Moore Reef Day product.
If a guest decides on the day of departure not to stay overnight and return with the boat to Cairns, they will not be refunded the difference between Sunlover by Starlight and the normal Moore Reef Day product.
Scuba diving and Seawalker Helmet Dive must be booked prior to the day of departure. All diving is subject to a medical checklist and minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years.
Given the remote location Sunlover by Starlight operates in, dietary requirements will only be catered for if notified prior to departure, and confirmed in writing by Sunlover Reef Cruises.
Sunlover by Starlight operates within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, and adhere to strict environmental guidelines. The use by guests of personal soaps and shampoos is prohibited. Overnight guests will be provided with phosphate-free and biodegradable soaps and shampoos.
Bringing alcohol on to the vessel is prohibited at all times. All bags and luggage may be subject to a search. Alcohol may be purchased from the bar by overnight guests prior to the vessel’s departure. Purchase of alcohol will be limited to 4 standard drinks per overnight guest.
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice and may vary at any time. All prices are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST and Environmental Management and Port Taxes. Prices are valid until 31st March 2018.
A special dietary request form is to be completed prior to the day of departure.
Due to the isolated location, 26 nautical miles from Cairns, mobile phone reception or wifi is not available to Sunlover by Starlight guests.
Scuba diving and SeaWalker Helmet Dive must be booked prior to travel. All diving is subject to a medical checklist. Minimum age for Seawalker and scuba diving is 12 years. Divers under 18 years of age must have a consenting parent or legal guardian with them in order to complete a Certified or Introductory scuba dive or a Seawalker Helmet dive.